Are you looking for an easy art project for toddlers? Maybe you need a good rainy day activity? Seriously, look no further. This is so simple, and so fun, that you’ll do it again and again.
- Large Ziploc. I don’t recommend using a brand you don’t trust to hold the seal. That being said…
- Washable paint. Even if you have the sturdiest of sealable bags, why risk a mess that’s hard to clean up?
- Tape (optional). You only need this is you plan on taping the bags to a window or sliding glass door. But this is also fun in a highchair!
- Take your washable paint and choose what colors to go inside the bag. I like to do two primary colors so that we can talk about color mixing. But, I also just don’t like seeing muddied colors. If you don’t want to end up with brown, limit the paint to 2-3 colors per Ziploc and don’t include all 3 primary colors. E.g., red, blue, and green will give you brown.Go nuts, though, if you aren’t weird like me. It’s all about color mixing and light.
- Once you’ve chosen your colors, try to suck as much air out of the bag as you can before sealing. This will make the bag less likely to pop AND make the mixing easier!
Why I love this project:
It takes seconds to set up and can be done in the high chair, at the table, or, for a really fun effect, taped up to a window or sliding glass door. Dead simple but has a fun effect. What more can you ask for in an easy art project for toddlers!! As you can see, we chose to pull this art project out during a rainy day to avoid feeling cooped up!
Pssst like most things you’ll find on the internet this post contains amazon affiliate links. Because, why not? To find out more, check out our disclosure